Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm Crafty! Part 3

See 'I'm Crafty' parts 1 & 2! 
My t-shirt quilt 
And I've been working on this for about a year now. its about time i finish odds and ends up of all these projects i start. 
I can recall how we started it. First i cut out the shirts put stiff backing on them. Then go find some crazy cute material you like to help sew them together. these will be the strips in the middles of the squares of the shirts. my shirts are 12" by 12" kind of big. oh and the ones on the top and bottom i have no idea what measurments those are. just estimate. it doesn't have to be perfect. Imperfection gives it personality. 
 Also make marks on the shirt so that you can cut it out straight. 





As you can see i did a varitey of t-shirts, some from jr.high, some from high school, girls camps, and other random things. we tried to choose material that would match most of the colors. And i loved the fact that the fabric we picked out was all crazy sqiggly cause i like to be crazy and different. i tied it an finished it! Hallelujah!
try a big project someday. it takes a lot of patience and time (: just to warn ya!


xoxo
Mariah 

No comments: