Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Crafty! Part 2

Lets get crafty! okay, here's the dangly earring frame guide. i don't have many pictures to show what i'm talking about, so i'll do my best at explaining how i did this. Here we go! 
First take a standard frame you like. If you don't like the color it already is, spray paint it. i love spray painting! After you spray paint it, go to your local 'Dallas Green' in our situation. Your local feed store, or whatever, just somewhere that has chicken wire. i also think they have it at Ace Hardware. Get the right amount for your size of frame. Size it up to your frame from the back. cut out the chicken wire. NOTE: the oval frame sucks to cut the wire out in that shape. I suggest a square or rectangle frame for first timers. So after you get the wire cut out. Spray paint it. (if desired) i did mine all black, if you can't tell in the picture. After the spray paint dries, staple the chicken wire on the back to the frame. To hang mine, we tried something different. We didn't want to be traditional and go with the accent color of ribbon, so I just got some old scrap material my mother had in her scrap box. I then tacked it to the sides of the frame and tied it in a bow at the top. and tacked the top up. And a frame like mine kinda moves when i hung the jewelry on it. So my mom got some sticky dot things to hold the frame in place. 
Here is my mother trying to figure out the shape, while i uh take a picture (: 

The finish product. 



The necklace trick. I got a paperclip snipped off the sides and kind of
tweaked it so the necklaces would hang and but i could get them off when i wanted 
to wear them. 


What do you guys think?!?
Trash or Shabby-chic?? 

xoxox 
Mariah 

1 comment:

clara said...

nifty. i think nifty :]