Monday, September 16, 2013

Miss (no one really cares) USA

I did watch Miss America last night and i wasn't too thrilled that New York won again... Come on Minnesota rocked that thang! A string instrument is one of the hardest instruments to play. I can attest to that. That is not a walk in the park kind of talent. Although i can't say much cause i didn't see New York's talent. Whatever, i'm over it. But in all reality everyone just watches the pageant no one really pays attention to what Miss America does the rest of the year, because no one really cares.  Sad but true. I basically watched it to put off doing History homework. 10 points to me. win.

Tonight i took a break from homework and ventured out to FHE. With an original homegirl, and met some new YSA cool cats. If you didn't know that my YSA ward got conjoined with another one neighboring my small hometown, that's why i don't know everyone in it still. We did a scavenger hunt. Right? The classic mormon single adult activity to do? I can't count how many of those i've done. It was pretty fun.

What I learned from tonight:
1. Don't try and be friends with everyone at once.
2. Don't go to activities to impress guys. Go for yourself and spiritual well being.
3. Go to activities more often. (this is tough i used to be the anti-activity goer. But ever since a boy got on my case for not going... I make it an effort to go to everything)
4. Smile & be friendly. Kindness goes far rudeness makes you stuck.
5. Always always always be nicer to those people you have a hard time getting along with.

With love,
Mariah


No comments: