Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hair Confidence.

It's plain and simple, your hair is your hair. Like it or not you are blessed with a full lovely lock of hair on your head. It's dreadfully hard to do sometimes, and  from experience sometimes you just want to shave it  all off. But i'm here to save your precious hairs!! Don't do anything that you'll regret later. We've all had bad haircuts and bad hair days, but my latest attitude has helped me a lot.

The High School Hair: 
There are three types of hair styles in high school. If you're still in high school then you'll get this... if not... try to imagine. First there are girls in high school that cannot have a hair out of place when they go to school. They use hairspray until they are intoxicated. No joke. It literally drives me insane. (Disclaimer: I'm in no position to judge if you are one of these ladies, I pray you're not, but you be the judge of that) They always have perfect hair and they almost never do anything different with their hair, it's always the same. Second there are those girls that simply cannot help themselves and hopelessly just come to school with their hair wet. awesome. Third there are the girls that try to do every hair style off of pinterest and tumblr. and sometimes pull it off. (yup that's me)

Awkward stage hair: 
It's the stage we all hate, the one we all dread, and where we go wrong most of the time at this stage. When you're at your awkward stage in your hair my advice would be DO NOT CUT IT! If you're striving for long hair this is where your patience is put to the test. It keeps you on edge, and always thinking of what you want your hair to be like. In the long run you'll be thankful you didn't cut your hair.

Keeping your hair fresh:
When growing your hair long you must get trims. It won't be healthy when its long unless you don't trim it while you're getting there. I suggest getting your hairs trimmed every two months. Unless your hair grows super fast, then do it at least once a month. Keeping your hair fresh also means keeping it healthy. I suggest you switch off between two different brands of shampoo and conditioner every day or every other day. And it's always nice to do a deep condition every week if possible. And as if possible to make your hair less brittle and dry especially in the winter, try only washing your hair every other day. It makes your hair feel so much nicer.

Work It Girl!
No matter what stage your hair is at, no matter if you are crying because it's falling out, or if it turned green after a color job gone wrong, you have to love the hair you have. I've been seriously so blessed, and I love my hair. I seriously am thankful for my hair, it was awesome. I have natural curl in my hair and I LOVE IT. Natural curl is the best thing in the world. I honestly feel bad for girls that have natural dead bone straight hair. It's truly the best to have natural curl in your hair. I can be so versatile with my hair. I can be naturally wavy/curly, or I can be barrel curly and I can be straight whenever I want. I've learned to just love everything about your hair. Here's my challenge, please try and make the next bad hair day you have the best hair day ever. No one notices your bad hair days and neither should you. I beg you just to go with it and be your natural self. If you're too scared of doing something crazy and out  there because you're worried of what others will think, then I'm here to tell you stop caring about what others think and do what YOU want! Work your hair girl, it was given to you for a reason, stop being shy and hiding behind it, you need to be bold with those locks of hair you have.

Please please please only do this stuff on your will. I'm just giving good advice and random rants on hair. I just thought it'd be nice because I too needed a hair boost today. Its just a great day to have hair!



And if you're dreaming of your hair to be one of these lengths and looking like one of these
pictures one day... (Like Me & Jess) 
Well, keep on dreaming and don't cut it.... it'll get there. 
give it time. 
Temples weren't built in a day. 

xoxox
Mariah 

1 comment:

Heather Coon said...

Maybe you should go to hair school? You and beck could compete to get our business...