Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Let the fun begin.

In the midst of a crazy world and on going outrageous celebrity performances (example: Miley Cyrus VMA's 2013) I started my very first day of college. Although I only had one class I enjoyed the hype and nerves of it all. And I'm still looking forward to my next day. Wednesday i have 2 classes. And I couldn't be more excited! My Art teacher was not who i expected as my teacher. But she does seem very nice and reasonable. The class is small, but i think it might grow as days go on. I'm very excited to see what this class has in store.

Onto the dreaded book buying, i about teared up when it said $135 on the website. I thought i was going to have to pay that price. Oh no! I'm a bargain shopper i don't pay full price for nothing. So I have connections. Well not the best but hey i got a $90 book for $40! that's a steal in my eyes. Although the rest of the items i need for school equaled about $100... Wow this is going to break my bank.

As for clothing, I bought a total of 1 new shirt for school. I honestly didn't want to go shopping for clothes. Instead i did a little online dream list shopping. Which included boots, lots of boots and pinterest of course. If only i could have them all... But then i slap myself and come back to reality... It's okay to dream, just don't let it consume your entire day.

Then i'm in TJ  Maxx with a dear old friend and she keeps exclaiming to me that she wishes she had the right amount of confidence for my style. I'm not trying to sound selfish or greedy in the fashion matter. But i do get this a lot. I try telling her over and over that i don't look like everyday. If she saw what i wore to work on a daily basis she'd take back her words. Its true though I have a job where i sit at a desk and work with two guys that are already married. I don't care to impress them with my style so i don't wear my cute clothes to work. Everyday is like a jean and t-shirt kind of day. I have more t-shirts than i count and i wear them a lot. Occasionally i'll put a cardigan on or some cute sandals. But usually i'm simple and boring. I only ever get ready on the weekends for church and if i'm going out on a Saturday night or something. This is not an average cutesy fashion blog. This is a realistic fashion blog. I don't post a cute outfit everyday. Cause like i said before my outfits are not cute everyday. Sorry if you misinterpreted this blog. I simply am only living a truthful life. And I cannot sugarcoat anything that I feel needs to be said. With that being said, the first day of school is the only day i shall get ready this year. I'll keep ya posted if things change throughout the year. For now my first day of school outfit goes to the popular kids brand American Eagle. Although you can't see my full outfit in this photo. You can use your imagination.
Top: Plaid button down blouse- AE $11.99
Bottom: Artist Jean Capri's- AE Hand-me-down (sister-in-law)
Shoes: Strapy Red Sandels- Target $13




No comments: