Thursday, August 29, 2013

I wish i was a fortune teller.

Typically when you hear the word fortune teller you think a little old witch looking lady in a booth at a carnival. Yes that is what you think. But as of lately i've been waiting and wishing i could meet a handsome hunk to date. I just got out of year long relationship. Surprise Surprise it didn't work out. We clashed more than i realized. And i honestly couldn't stand it anymore. People were shocked i guess... others were just glad it finally happened. So here's to the single life.

Unfortunately i made the mistake when we were together to sign up for a college class together. Great. I was too much of a chicken to drop it... so i'm in for the long haul. So as soon as we broke off like a month and a half ago. A guy-friend of my sister's wrote me on facebook asking if i wanted to go on a motorcycle ride with him. First reaction: HECK YEAH! Second reaction: wait till my ex- boyfriend (He who shall be not named) sees me on a motorcycle ride with this cutie! Okay so i didn't take any picture while we were on the motorcycle ride... but i did feel like i was getting back at him for being a loser boyfriend.

My friend Tanya asks one Monday morning before school starts if i'd like to go on a group date with her and a couple other ladies. I say sure. So we go on this date. Starts out like any old group date, a little awkwardness and shyness. By the time we're sitting down at Chilli's we got a good little flirting system me and my friend Nicole and I. Its going good. Until the one cutie goes in the other car when we leave chilli's. Yeah not how i planned that one. Oh well. Flirting was over. We went to this supposedly scary house in our neighborhood and look around in it. And one of the boys starts holding Nicole's hand. Oh boy. We'll leave it at that.
So by this time its like my second date since me and my ex are done. And it was fine honestly I don't regret it.
A couple weeks go by. Me and Nicole are sitting out in the foyer in church, while she's writing out her tithing. Along comes blondie (a male) and starts chatting with us. He looks oddly familiar to me and i cannot seem to remember where i know him from. Then it hits me as he's standing there. I worked with him at my very first job. You can read about that here.  But i was a young little senior in high school and never ever remembered working with him. As he looks at me sitting on the 90's style couch in the church he's says "I don't know if you remember me but we used to work at Kent's together." And i reply in a manor of "Oh yeah i thought you look familiar." We continue to chat about why i quit and what not. So that ends with a let's go to Cafe Zupas and get dinner sometime. Leaving open a window for a potential date. Score.

And so we come to yesterday...
Waiting for my Human Development class to start. My ex boyfriend waiting for his class math class to start right after our Art class just ended. Sitting in the Union Building at WSU. On the balcony for that matter on nasty green colored couch things. My phone gets no service which it should since its a college right? Anyway I start people watching because i'm beyond bored having to stare at my ex boyfriend sitting across the way from me. And behold the singles ward blondie comes walking in the doors. And i thought it'd just be a little pass by thing like this is probably the only other time i'd see him at school. So i don't think anything of it... about 10 minutes later... he comes walking up the stairs to the balcony and i casually look at my phone. Me and my ex are silent. And he's walking by. I'm thinking Should i say something? or just let him walk by? Okay why not? As soon as i look up he looks at me, and i stutter and say "Hey" in an awkward manor. Then it's more casual talk as we sit and talk. The most awkward part of it might just have been because he knew my ex.... ahhhhh lovely.

As i sit in my next class i realize he probably thought we were still together. Even though i reassured him several times on Sunday when we were chatting in the foyer that i was NOT dating anyone. So i turn it over to Facebook. I added him on Sunday so i wasn't worried about that. I messaged him and simply said "You should save me from boredom more often." Then he writes me back almost 4 hours later, only 4 or 5 conversation lines later and he says gotta go. clearly not interested.

I wish i was a fortune teller. So all this dating crap can go away and i can just see who i'm going to marry if i'm going to marry. If not i might as well start collecting cats. I've already got one. By my pinterest kitty bored you can tell i'm halfway to becoming a crazy cat lady.

Some days i love the single life and being free to date whoever... But I came to conclusion that its great to date and do whatever at this age, then there's those days where you wish someone cute would just be there for you whenever you wanted them to be there... So i could care less if guys are interested right now. Its a hard battle. Anyone wanna give me any advice on dating? I've heard almost everyone's. But i'm interested in anything really.

Here's to the Single life.

Xoxox
Mariah

No comments: